Come grow Bible Media’s digital platform with real-life stories about God’s grace.
- Location: Cape Town or Johannesburg. (Strong remote work possibilities)
- Part-time contract position: 3-6 months (Ideal for an experienced freelance journalist)
Bible Media has an opportunity for an experienced digital storyteller to launch and steer a new content platform, focusing on real-life stories about faith and God’s grace.
Do you want to …
- Share stories about the work God is doing in people’s lives?
- Develop the next social media strategy that will further increase Bible Media’s reach?
Candidates must have experience as a content manager or editor.
We are looking for someone with strong digital skills and the ability to find, source, fact-check and curate on a weekly basis stories that resonate with our faith-based audience.
The successful candidate will work as part of a small team of digital storytellers and be part of a world-class non-profit.
Responsibilities will include developing content strategies, managing and marketing brands and producing content for multiple platforms, and more.
The successful candidate will be an English-speaking journalist with proficiency in at least two local African languages, excluding Afrikaans.
Bible Media’s story
Bible Media’s vision is to inspire the Christian way. We are committed to digital transformation and are expanding into broader South African market segments.
The Bible Media Content Team has over the last year managed to grow online communities around brands such as www.lig.co.za and www.kerkbode.co.za and our e-commerce site https://eshop.bybelmedia.org.za/.
Minimum requirements for the position of Digital Content Editor include:
- Two to four years in a content editor role, preferably within the NGO, media or faith sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Experience in creating and steering strategies that build an audience.
- The ability to market content across multiple social media channels.
- Understanding of fast-paced impact-driven editorial environments and workflows.
- Ability to work under pressure and stick to deadlines.
Language and Location Requirements:
- Location: South Africa. (Strong remote work culture)
- Language: English, isiXhosa, isiZulu
- A competitive salary
- Performance-based growth
- A dynamic workplace
- A work environment with self-motivated team players
- Closing date for application: 11 October 2021.
- We will invite candidates for follow-up interviews by 15 October 2021. If you have not heard from us by then, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
How to apply: Please see the Google Form below.